mardi 1 août 2017

V's Lemonade journal | 01

Beyoncé's Lemonade blew my mind when it came out. I put on the video documentary and spent the next hour with my mouth hanging open, drinking in everything. But especially the spoken word pieces between the songs. This was something else. Something powerful, primal, feminine. This was something shared in all womanhood. This betrayal, this raw vulnerability becoming absolute strength and resilience. 

The spoken words lead me to Warsan Shire, who lead me to Rupi Kaur. We are in an age of poetesses and I love it. So two years after hearing this opus, I have finally made my Lemonade journal. It blends Beyoncé, Warsan Shire and Rupi Kaur's words. There is enough about motherhood to make a whole other journal! I journaled in a Moleskine accordion album with black pages. The first part deals with betrayal, sadness, anger; reaction. The second part will be anger leading to strength and rising above, healing; action.

All words are not mine. If you want to know the source of any parts of this, let me know.
















1 commentaire:

Template designed by Rainy Day